Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy National Watermelon Day!

That's right, folks! It's National Watermelon Day! Aren't you excited?!! You should be! :-)

We celebrated by going to Jordan's parents house and having some fun. We played Phase 10.






Kyle showed us where his ears are.





And then the real fun began. We honored the day by placing our hands on the watermelon itself.





Kyle played with it a little bit.




And then we ate! Well, I ate it, at least. (I had a meeting in the evening and had to leave early, so I honestly don't know who else REALLY celebrated National Watermelon Day, but at least they indulged me for a little while!)





And for those of you who don't know, I once had a party celebrating National Watermelon Day. Are any of you folks out there? Enjoy the memories!

4 comments:

crystal said...

I'm here! That was a fun party!

Laura Elizabeth said...

So all day long today, I wondered why August 3 sounded like a special date to me. I knew it was some sort of holiday or someone's birthday, but I couldn't figure out whose birthday it could be! I was very counfused! Of course, it's National Watermelon Day! How could I forget? You should have reminded us, we did not celebrate correctly...we had cantaloupe with Mom's birthday dinner...no watermelon. How sad. :(

Tasha said...

I'm here, too! That WAS a fun party - and preparing for it was fun, too! I was thinking about it the other day and knew National Watermelon Day was in August but couldn't remember which day......

Mel said...

I'm sorry I let you down on taking more pictures. Everyone was eating watermelon at different times. Between people getting up and down to make their plates and trying to corral Kyle and eat at the same time, I just didn't get the job done.