Her stats as of Friday are as follows:
Weight: 12 pounds, 12.4 ounces; about the 46th percentile
Length: 26 inches; 96th percentile
Head Circumference: 38 cm; about the 32nd percentile (I'm a bit hazy on the head circumference stats; I just don't remember either one exactly).
Things I can tell you about Claire:
- Claire smiles frequently, and it is so fun to see her smiling face! She'll smile at people she knows and at strangers, too.
- Claire recognizes Jordan's and my voices, and she will turn her head to find us when she hears us.
- She loves "standing" and can support her own weight quite well.
- When we pull her up from lying down, she keeps her head level with her back. (Her head used to hang down when we did this).
- When she is propped up or sitting in our laps, she often tries to sit up even more straight. She doesn't get too far with her efforts, but she does look like she is doing a crunch and holding it in the "crunched" position for a few seconds.
- She holds her head very steady when we hold her.
- When it's time for her to eat, she makes a grunting sound when she's in the right position to eat. Then, when we put the bottle in front of her, she opens her mouth wide, and she tries to grab the bottle and put it in her mouth. Sometimes she's successful at this. It's quite remarkable to watch!
- She loves to put anything she can in her mouth. She sometimes reaches for toys more quickly now than she used to.
- She makes sweet baby noises, and it is so fun to watch her when she's riding in the car. Sometimes she just gets going making those sounds! It is very cute to watch and listen to!
- She is still getting that tooth in, and it has been bothering her a lot this week. (That makes for a fussy baby).
- Other than her tooth, Claire is a VERY happy baby girl who is quite content doing just about anything.
- She has rolled over once (this past Wednesday, but she hasn't rolled over since then).
- She sleeps pretty well. She usually sleeps between 7-9 hours. (Yea for Claire being a great sleeper!!!) But it's never a given that she WILL sleep through the night. She keeps me guessing.