Monday, July 12, 2010

MY Katie

Katie was my college roommate. I totally lucked out, (and was incredibly blessed), to be assigned to live with her in the dorms my freshman year. We got along so well that we decided to live together in an apartment for the rest of college. We had so much fun!

Some members of my family refer to her as "MY Katie" because of all the "Katie" and "Katy" 's that were in my life after college. Here's a quick run down. I got my first real job in Katy, TX, teaching at Katy High School. We had a student teacher named Katie, and I ended up getting a roommate named Katie. So when I would talk to Jordan about "Katie," he wanted a way to distinguish my college roommate Katie from the other Katie's in my life. And the nickname was born: MY Katie. ("MY" is emphasized when spoken).

Since college, MY Katie has moved to the D.C. area and gotten married. I have visited her a couple of times there, and we've had a blast. But we just don't get to see each other enough! Her parents live about 30 minutes from my parents, so, if we both happen to be in the Dallas area at the same time, we try to see each other. - And that happened this past weekend! I was soooo excited to see MY Katie! :-)


I brought Claire with me, of course, and Katie got to meet her. She helped me out by feeding her. - Thanks, Katie!

Her family got to meet Claire, too. We played "Pass the Baby." Here is Claire with...

... Katie's mom

... Katie's sister

... Katie's husband

It was great to see MY Katie and her family. I'm sorry we couldn't stay to see Katie's dad and grandparents. I miss seeing (and laughing with) them!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I just find this funny b/c when I first started college and moved in with a Julia, YOU were MY Julia. :)