Thursday, July 1, 2010

Toys

This week Claire has been working on picking up toys. When Jordan left for Miami last weekend, she could not pick up toys, but when he returned, she could! I think it is ABSOLUTELY amazing to watch Claire learn how to use her arms and hands. When I hold a toy up in front of her, I can see the concentration in her eyes and face as she attempts to control how her arms and hands are moving. Sometimes she "swings and misses," but other times she succeeds at touching the toy. And sometimes she can get a good enough grip on it to hold it! It truly is miraculous to me to see her learn to control her body. I think it's fascinating to watch!


1 comment:

Lee Hervey said...

Go, Claire! Laura and I saw her reaching for a toy when she was here last time! I guess she has accomplished that reach and grab!