Saturday, January 30, 2010

New Year's Eve

The Hervey Christmas traditions were postponed this year until New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. - That way most of our family could be there. (Jordan had to work, but everyone else was there). So on New Year's Eve we had our Christmas Eve party - complete with family, friends, good food, and White Elephant!

Mom, Julie, and Marshall (-with just a bit of food!!!)

An awesome White Elephant gift that was stolen a few times. (And it was awesome, too, since it was New Year's Eve!)

Marshall trying to "sell" me a very cute part of his gift!

Marcus trying on the Beverage Helmet - I'm not sure he likes it very much!

Peter got the dragon!!! And some Suave shampoo that was partially used!! (My dad reminded us that he received that same Suave previously in our White Elephant game, and he kept track of it all this time!!)

Julie was the perfect one to get this gift! It's a package of files, and the giver, Matt, obviously didn't use it; look at all that dust on the package!!! But Julie said she uses files when she makes jewelry!

Laura opened up a game of Skip-bo and claimed that it's a game for OLD people. Then Jennifer said, "Hey, I like that game!!!"

Mom having a good time looking on!

2 comments:

emmybalch said...

Haha... we like Skip-bo, too! Also known as Spite and Malice, kind of... right? I am enjoying your pictures!

Laura Elizabeth said...

In my defense: the only person that I had ever known to play Skip-Bo was my friend's great-grandmother! Haha :)