Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Claire is 4!

It’s Claire’s birthday! She’s 4 years old! Wow! She’s definitely a fun little girl with lots of energy. She loves to play, laugh, have fun, play outside, color, do crafts, pretend, and be silly.

I made her sausage biscuits for breakfast. That meal is still one of her favorites!


After breakfast she played with her new play do ice cream shop set. While I was getting ready for the day, she came and offered me some ice cream (many, many times) by saying, “Ice cream! Everybody cheer up for a little bit of ice cream!” And when she asked me what kind of ice cream I wanted, she used a very deep voice - to sound like the ice cream maker!

Last week she requested to go to HEB on her birthday. I laughed when she told me that and then asked why she wanted to go there. She said she couldn’t tell me; it was a surprise. Ha! But I’m sure it was because she wanted to get “food and buddy bucks!” She’s always excited to get those things at HEB! She got a tortilla, some samples from the chefs, and some buddy bucks. She even got an instant winner sticker from HEBuddy! - She was excited that she got a birthday present from HEB! But the best part about that trip for me was that she walked around the whole store saying, “I can’t believe I’m 4! I can’t believe I’m 4!” She said it whenever we walked near someone else - so that maybe they would hear her, acknowledge her, and talk to her. Some people did; some didn’t. But it was hilarious! I just laughed and smiled at my sweet four year old!



I decided we could “splurge” and stop by Taco Bell on our way home. She loves nachos!


Jordan came home from work early and worked in the yard some. Claire played and helped him out there for a while. Then it was time for a special quiet time: She got to watch Sesame Street during her quiet time (and keep an eye on Dayton, who was sleeping in his swing), as long as she told me when he was awake. That way I was able to plant some things in our garden! Win-win situation!

Then she got one of her presents - a new bike! She was excited, but she had a bit of trouble riding it. She rides tricycles at school, and I guess she can pedal either forwards or backwards on those bikes because that is what she wanted to do on this one. It took a bit of coaching from Jordan, (and patience), but she finally did pretty well at only pedaling forwards.



Back inside, she colored some pictures of cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.


We enjoyed a delicious dinner of noodles with white sauce and chicken, fruit salad, and bread. Next up - present time!




And her birthday wouldn’t be complete without cupcakes with sprinkles!



We love you, Claire-girl! Happy Birthday!!!!

2 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

She looks SO BIG in that picture of her on her bike! Holy cow! Happy Birthday Claire-Girl!! I can't believe you're four EITHER!

JP and Katie said...

I can't believe Claire is 4!! You did a wonderful job making her day special. Way to go Mommy!