Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Egg Hunts

Once I got out the Easter stuff, Claire has enjoyed hunting for Easter eggs in many different settings.

First, we started at home. She hid the eggs sometimes, and I hid them sometimes.




Next, we went to the Easter egg hunt at the George Bush Library. Claire had fun. It was kind of crazy for Jordan and me, but at least Claire got to hunt for some eggs.

The story here is that Jordan was on call the day of this egg hunt, and one of our cars was in the shop. Jordan was called in, so I took him to work so we could go to the egg hunt. About 30 minutes before it started, I was looking for a parking space when Jordan called me to let me know he was finished. I tried to go get him so he could drop us off up front for the egg hunt, but I soon realized I wouldn’t have time. I saw my friend Kadee walking toward the hunt, and she agreed to take Claire with her. I picked up Jordan from work, and we drove back. I got out of the car with Dayton and was walking up to the hunt when the buzzer went off and all the kids found their eggs. So Claire got to participate, but we didn’t get to see her gather the eggs. Then we were hoping to stay and let her jump in the bounce house and do some other fun things, but Jordan got called in again. So we had to take him back. Thankfully, the car place called as we were leaving the egg hunt, so we picked up the car and were able to head our separate directions. Really, I’m just glad Claire was able to have fun with the egg hunt, since I had talked about it the day before.

I love these next two pictures!





Finally, we went to an Easter brunch at Aunt Mel and Uncle Stephen’s house. The food was great, and the kids had fun finding the eggs.




No comments: