Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Dayton - 22 Months

Our little guy is getting bigger and bigger!

I asked Dayton to get his rhino for these pictures, and he wanted to get his rhino, his bear, and his lion.


Every morning before I get him out of bed, he gives me all his blankets and animals, and he likes to have them all around him on his changing table while I change his diaper.


He says lots of words these days, and he usually says them until you acknowledge that you understand what he’s saying. One of my favorites is orange. To say orange, he puts his lips together, makes an “mmm” sound, and moves his jaw up and down - still with his lips together. It sounds nothing like orange, but it’s what he says for orange! It came from macaroni. That’s how he says macaroni, which he said long before he knew the color orange. But once he learned orange, he just called it the same thing as macaroni. He does know many colors - red, blue, orange, green, yellow, purple, pink, white, brown.


He sometimes asks for his shoes on and then wants to go play outside in the backyard. He loves seeing Dad when he comes home from work. He likes to go with me to take Claire to school. He loves to look at books. He loves to play the piano or sit with me when I play the piano. He kind of sings “row” of “Row, row, row your boat.” He sings the first two notes (so-mi) of “Ring Around the Rosie” when I sing that. - I love hearing him sing those notes! It’s so cute! He doesn’t like going down for nap time, but he doesn’t usually put up a fit at bedtime. He loves to swim, take baths, and play with Claire.

I love his smiles, his sweet hugs, how he folds his arms for a prayer, (which is usually just him lying on the floor, although he did learn how to fold his arms during an FHE lesson that Claire taught recently!), how he strokes my hair when I hold him sometimes, how he grabs my hand to show me things sometimes, and how he says “Mama!” when he sees me after I’ve been gone.

No comments: