Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Old Town Zurich

Monday morning, Laura and I got up and visited Old Town Zurich. We walked along a street very famous for its shops, and we saw some of the Old Town, as well. It was very nice.


There were huge flower pots all over town! They were all painted differently. (They reminded me of the cows in Chicago. Has anyone seen them?)
I took this picture in honor of Marshall. - I hope you enjoy it, Marsh!
The bread in these crates smelled delicious!! We bought some at the grocery store across from our hotel, and I was surprised at how hard the outside was. But the inside was nice and soft. It was very good!

Switzerland has more than one national language. Officially, from what I can tell, the four national languages are German, French, Italian, and Rumantsch. These pictures of the National Bank of Switzerland show that more than one language is commonplace.




These are some random buildings.



Of course, I was always thinking about Jordan. I have heard of accenture and UBS only because I sometimes watch the golf channel with him; these companies are frequent advertisers on the golf channel.


A bridge

Cool clocks - One of them has the largest clock face in the world!


This Coop City was all around town. The grocery store was Coop City, this department store was Coop City, and there was a bank that was Coop City, too!

This was my favorite find of the day! :-)

We enjoyed walking around this morning, even if we didn't have much purpose or information, since we didn't have any sort of travel guide for Zurich! - That was part of what made spending time here difficult. I concentrated so much on Italy that I pretty much ignored Zurich, and that was too bad. I am glad we got some advice the night before from the flight attendant, though. We enjoyed his suggestions.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Kyle is going crazy over that first picture with all the flags!

Laura Elizabeth said...

The "schmuck" picture is totally my favorite!