Thursday, November 25, 2010

8 Months

What a Day of Thanks! I'm so, so thankful that Claire joined our home 8 months ago! These months have flown by, and they have been so fun. There are obvious ups and downs, but they are still so fun.


Claire has had a big week. She began sitting up on her own, (instead of propping herself up into her lounging position). She pulled up on the couch once. She began leaning to Mom when someone else is holding her and she wants to come to me. She discovered the fun of splashing and laughing in the tub. She also rolled over in the tub for the first time. And she crawled -- for a few {steps} -- a couple of times. I guess she's been loving the extra attention she's had from other family members, and she wanted to show off for them, too!

After her Thanksgiving meal of sweet potatoes, Claire is 19.5 pounds. She still LOVES to kick her feet. She kicks and kicks and kicks her feet! She can be perfectly happy just hanging out on the floor, kicking her feet. She gives kisses when we ask sometimes. She is often content to play on the floor with toys by herself. She is usually a very happy girl. She babbles and says "ma ma" and "da da," along with a few other syllables. She loves to "use her sniffer," as we say. She sleeps through the night only once or twice a week, (sometimes less). She often wakes up once a night. She is a good eater and is enjoying the solid food she's getting at this point. She wants to be near the action at home. If I'm making dinner, she wants to be in the kitchen with me. If I'm in my room, she wants to be in there with me. I love watching her follow me when I go somewhere else in the house. I think she knows the word "hungry." She whines in a certain way when she's hungry, and when I ask her if she's hungry, she makes the same sound.

I'm so thankful for our sweet little girl! I'm thankful for her health, for her strong body, for her happy personality, for her ability to go to sleep in her bed, for the long naps that she takes, for the way she makes us laugh, for the sweet sounds she makes, and for the funny things she does. Here's an example of a funny thing she did recently. Last Saturday Claire and I were at my Uncle Don's house for a large gathering. We were standing in a circle for the prayer. I put Claire down next to me moments before the prayer started. During the prayer, she crawled into the middle of the circle, and she razzed - loudly - all the way there. I was completely distracted by her, and I'm afraid a number of other people were, too.

I'm so thankful for our little family!

No comments: