Saturday, March 31, 2012

Claire's Actual Birthday

On Sunday morning, I knew Claire was up, and I wanted to help her realize that her birthday was finally here, and I wanted to help her have fun on her special day. I grabbed the balloons, and Jordan and I went into her room and surprised her with them. How simple is that! She absolutely LOVED it! I love these pictures - where she's so, so excited! (Oh, and if you're not a grandparent or a certain Aunt Laura, you might not want to look at all the pictures on here! But I want to put them up, so here they are!)







Since our church is at 11:30 and our family in town had to leave before then, we celebrated Claire's birthday at breakfast. We had her favorite: SAUSAGE.



After breakfast, Claire opened presents. Kids this age are so fun because they actually (at least somewhat) know what's going on! She was excited about her presents. - She got her very own boots! Now she doesn't have to use Dad's all the time, (although I know she'll still wear his, too!)

She's showing Grandpa a pretty new dress.


A swimsuit from Grandma!

Grandmom made Claire a beautiful blanket. Claire LOVES blankets!!!! And so far this week, every time I put it on her when she goes to bed, she says something about how Grandmom made her this blanket. (Then she also says that Grandpa went back to Texas - because I told her those two facts back-to-back one night).


She loved the new church books from Aunt Laura and Uncle Matt.

Playing the new xylophone!

And Claire got her very own tricycle! She has enjoyed trying to learn how to ride it this week.

Aunt Laura and Claire

After presents, it was time for cake! (I love a great excuse to eat cake in the morning!)

She tried to blow out her candles; I may have helped her some.



At first, Claire was unsure about how to eat her cake.




She asked me to cut it for her, and then she finally went to town with it!



Claire was so happy on her birthday morning! We are so glad that so many family members came to celebrate with us. - I know Claire enjoyed seeing each of you because she has certainly missed you since you all left!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

That picture of her with her new swimsuit is ADORABLE! How excited she is!