Monday, April 22, 2013

Austin, Day 2

One day of the swim meet, Jordan didn't swim for a few hours. So Claire and I went to (drumroll, please...) the State Capitol Building! This is number 3 for Claire!




She had more fun when she wasn't posing for the camera.



I think she felt very grown up carrying around a brochure.


I like it that Sam Houston was the President of Texas and the Governor of Texas!




Jump!


Claire went right over to these kids and held that girl's hand all on her own.


I took this picture just because I remember seeing the 10 Commandments at the OK Capitol Building, too.

After walking around inside and outside for a bit, we spread out the blanket and enjoyed the pleasant weather with some snacks, we watched the birds and squirrels, and we fed the birds, too. Then it was back to the pool for Jordan's final races. Sadly, we ate at an incredibly poor Mexican place on our way out of town. Even the chips were bad. Jordan and I ate there once when we were dating, and it was amazing, but times have changed - and not for the better!

No comments: