Monday, February 24, 2014

Super Bowl

So Dayton was blessed on Super Bowl Sunday. We didn’t realize that it was Super Bowl Sunday when we first scheduled the blessing, but when we did, we ended up deciding to have a Super Bowl party, too. That’s two gatherings in one day. One for brunch, and one for a Super Bowl party. That’s a lot of work! But we were happy to do it! (I should say Jordan was happy to do it because he made the majority of the food!)

Some family members came in town on Saturday, so they joined in the food prep. Thanks, Chris! Jordan worked all day Saturday getting food ready so he could just put the finishing touches on the food on Sunday. 


I stayed after church for choir practice, (since I’m the choir director), and when I came home I didn’t feel so well. I finished making the guacamole, I changed clothes, and I curled up on the couch. I loved the National Anthem, sung by Renee Fleming! I saw the first few plays of the game, and then I got sick. I spent the rest of the evening in my bed or in the bathroom. Yuck! Consequently, I have no pictures of the Super Bowl party. But I hear that the people who were here enjoyed it!

And Sunday morning Claire and Belton had fun playing together. :-)


No comments: