Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dayton - 11 months

Our little Dayton is already 11 months old! Wow!


These days, he likes to push toys while he walks, (a little wagon, a little shopping cart, etc). He likes to walk while he’s holding on to someone’s hands. He loves to eat. (I don’t think he’s met a food he doesn’t like!) He’s still a mama’s boy, but it has gotten better. It’s not always better, but it is better sometimes. He doesn’t spit up as much as he used to. (Hooray!) And he doesn’t have as many painful burps as he used to. He can wave pretty well now. He doesn’t wave all the time that I suggest it to him, but if he wants to, he’ll do it. One day when Claire, Dayton, and I went for a walk, Claire was up ahead of us, and Dayton waved and waved to her! It was cute!


He got some new top teeth recently. - First, the one just left of center came in, and the two center teeth are beginning to break through, too.


He took his first steps last Friday - on October 17! It was two little steps from the computer desk to the computer chair. -- I figured his first steps wouldn’t be trying to come to me. He has really been thinking about walking lately; I can just tell when he’s standing and not holding onto anything. I can just see him thinking about moving his feet, but then he falls or holds onto something. And then tonight he took a step and a half towards Jordan! He’s so close!




I love seeing Dayton light up when he sees Claire in the morning or when we pick her up from school. I’m so glad they both love each other!

We love you Dayton! We’re so happy you’re in our family!

No comments: