Friday, October 31, 2014

She’s a Bat!

Claire’s school encourages the kids to create a homemade Halloween costume so that they can be part of the creative process. This year she wanted to be a witch for her school costume. We got some black paper, (since we don’t have black paint), and she cut the pieces that needed cutting and taped the paper to her bag. Then she changed her mind and said she wanted to be a bat because she had told her teacher, Ms. Wright, that she was going to be a bat. And since black works for a witch and a bat, it worked out! I knew we could make some bat ears, but I had no idea about the wings. After looking at some pictures online, I dug in my t-shirt drawer for a black shirt I don’t ever wear. - I found one and cut some wings! I’m pleased with how it turned out!

And Ryan looks good as a skeleton!



Mrs. Merritt, Claire, and Ms. Wright

No comments: