Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Morning!

Dayton woke up first Christmas morning. He got a head start on breakfast.

I couldn’t believe how late Claire slept! I think it was almost 9:00 when I finally went into her room. She was actually awake and looking at a book, since Belton was still asleep, but she said she hadn’t been awake very long.

We brought Claire and Belton out at the same time.


And Claire just stood there and looked on with a happy face!

We looked at toys from Santa and stockings.




Slippers!!!

Dayton looks glazed over in all of the pictures I have of him at this point. - Soon after this, he went down for a nice nap!


I do love a good chocolate orange!

Then we paused and got breakfast ready. Peter, Marshall, and their families arrived at the perfect time to eat breakfast with us. And then we began opening presents.









Peter thought he was smooth enough to leave his White Elephant gift in a dark corner on Christmas Eve before he left the house. But we found it! And I wrapped it! And he received it again!!!  - And I’m pretty sure he took it home that time.

Marshall kept getting presents inside presents.

Aaron got a nice keyboard!

Claire made this nativity at school, and it was her gift to Jordan and me. She didn’t tell me a thing about it. I absolutely love it! I think it was my favorite gift this year!

Claire got to play with Marcus’s bird for a brief moment.



Dayton finally woke up and found a present.


Claire and Jordan did Claire’s new puzzle.

Taylor made his Lego White House.

We all helped to get the other big meal of the day - chicken fried steak - ready. Sister Chaney came and ate with us. My mom has visit taught her for 30 years, I think. (If it hasn’t been quite that long, it’s certainly close!)

Dayton and Belton played.

And I just love this picture from earlier in the day.

We are so blessed and so grateful. Merry Christmas! Christ was born! He lives! He loves us!

1 comment:

Lee Hervey said...

I haven't looked at your blog forever! I love seeing these Christmas pictures and remembering all the smiling faces and fun times.