Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another Day in Austin

This time my day in Austin was in celebration of Peter! He passed the bar, and he was inducted into the State Bar of Texas at a special session of the Texas Supreme Court. So he's now officially a lawyer! It was a really neat occasion.



The Justices of the Texas Supreme Court and the Judges of the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals were there. Their introductions lasted about 20 minutes, but I thought it was very interesting.


The entire ceremony was only about 45 minutes long. At the end, all the new lawyers stood, raised their right hand, and took the following oath:

"I, ___________, do solemnly swear that I will support the constitution of the United States, and of this state; that I will honestly demean myself in the practice of the law, and will discharge my duties to my clients to the best of my ability. So help me God."

Congratulations, Peter! I know you're glad to have made it, finally! (-and to be getting a paycheck, too!)






No comments: