Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It rained so much last night and this morning that many roads in Katy and west Houston were flooded. In some places, the interstates/tollways were closed because they were completely submerged in water. (I saw a picture of an ambulance that was almost completely under water). It rained 11 inches in the past 24 hours at the creek near Jordan's parents' house. So, needless to say, schools were closed today. There was no way that buses could run or that students/staff could get to school safely.

Once I found out that school was closed, I stayed out in the living room and slept on the couch. When Jordan got up, he was certainly surprised and very happy to see me!



We had a nice, relaxing day. Thankfully, we didn't have any flooding in our immediate area.

For dinner, we decided to make some homemade fettucine! (Jordan was the chef, and I served as the sous chef. I got the flour out, I chopped tomatoes, I grated the cheese, and I set the table; I know my abilities, and I know my limits! I'll leave the real cooking stuff to Jordan!)

He made some fresh pasta! It is soooooo good!






Here come the noodles!



Cook it up!


Yum!


Now we're ready to eat!!! Can you guess which side of the table I sit on?!!


I know it's not slimming, but it sure is delicious!

3 comments:

Mel said...

We had fettuccine alfredo tonight, too!!! I didn't make the pasta from scratch, but did have a few other things to cook: chicken parm, rolls, fruit salad...yum!

Skonkdogg said...

YUM! May we borrow Jordan for a week, we will supply the food. We get help you know. We will send him back in good shape. PLEASE!

Uncle Hubba's Other Half said...

SO I noticed Jordan is still wearing Chris's shorts and shirt!