Monday, April 13, 2009

What a day!

Jordan and I had a great day today!!! It all started when Jordan got home from work and was able to get some sleep. I got up and ran some errands. (It's so nice to have a day off to take care of things like running errands!) I got home before Jordan woke up, and I was so proud that I had finished everything in a good amount of time. (NOTE: Here's where the day was slightly bumpy instead of smooth sailing like everything else). I unloaded all the groceries and then tried to close the garage. (Our garage door is usually very "jumpy." Whenever we leave, we have to watch the door go all the way down because sometimes the wind will blow at just the wrong moment, and the door will go back up). Well, like I said, I closed the garage door and watched it go down. Suddenly, I realized the door was still trying to go down, but it was not moving down any more. - The car was in the way!!! I (wrongly) assumed that the sensor would notice if the car was too far up. Nope! I pushed the button two more times, so the garage door stopped moving and then started going up. But the damage had been done. The garage door had started to bend at the top! Then I was all worried, but Jordan was still asleep! When he got up later, he looked at it and confirmed that we needed to call the apartment and have them come fix it. Thankfully, they treated it as a routine repair! Also, the car escaped unharmed. Then the day went back to smooth sailing!

After the garage door was "like new," we decided to clean out the garage! It was a nice day, so we didn't mind being outside. In fact, we also opened some windows and left some doors open to create a passageway for the wind to blow through our house. (It was really windy today - which is normal as of late). So our house was really cool. Doesn't the garage look great?!!!


Once we got in the cleaning mood, there was no stopping us! We went through some stacks of papers and other things that have been around for a little while. We got our place looking spick and span!

Then Jordan got the grill out, (we finally assemble the grill last Friday, and we've already used it twice!), and he cooked some steaks for dinner. (We also had baked potatoes - and the great thing about the doors and windows being open was that it kept our house cool even with the oven on for a couple of hours!!) We enjoyed our dinner in the clean garage on our new card table in the cool evening air. (Can't you tell he's excited?!)


We played Phase 10 in the garage, too, and then we came inside and started getting dessert ready! (This is where I became really excited!)


We had some chocolate fondue. I love fondue!


I certainly have enjoyed my 4 day weekend. We should have more of these!!!!
Happy Belated Easter!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Sounds like fun...minus the garage part. I LOVED 4 day weekends, so I totally understand. Teachers SHOULD get more of those!

ashley munro said...

Don't know if you heard. We had to redo the blog. It is now ourmunromoments@blogspot.com
Go check it out!