Friday, December 4, 2009

Is this really happening?

So, I know this is completely normal in some parts of the world, but this is NOT normal for Houston, Texas!! - It's snowing!!! And it's been snowing for a number of hours now! To illustrate my point that this is not normal here, when I pulled into the parking lot at school this morning, there were about 40 kids outside yelling and jumping up and down in excitement that it was, as one person said, "slushing!"

It's supposed to freeze tonight, so we got to leave school early! (Admittedly, I, too, was very excited! - Who doesn't want a chance to leave school early? And we won't have to make it up because we went for a good portion of the day!)

Here are some pictures at our apartment.



I saw this truck at our apartment, too. - I'm just glad we aren't in the middle of moving!!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Our cold front is coming in, too. The high is only going to be 78 degrees. No worries, though. Next week, we're back to "warm weather." (In other words, 87.) I'm glad to know it's December somewhere.

Tasha said...

It is crazy for Texas, isn't it? It was snowing on Wednesday morning here. And it's supposed to some tomorrow. Insane. Never expected that the first week in December!

JP and Katie said...

I can't believe it snowed in Texas before Virginia!!! We're having our first snow right now!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we were jealous of the snow you guys got, we did not have any when it snowed in Houston, but now we have some. Yeah.

Jon and Liz

Arnold LvE said...

we finally got some snow also. I didn't dare post from Germany when you were having more snow than us. But pretty crazy!

Greetz!