Monday, November 30, 2009

Wrap Up November

The end of November went something like this:

I spent a Saturday at Uncle Don's house. The kids had a great time playing together.



Aunt Sylvia and Jo looked through some pictures.
What a beautiful sunset!

Fast forward to Thanksgiving! We're dishing up a feast! I'm so thankful for my family, friends, freedom, and for fun, too! I love laughing!

I'm also grateful for family recipes that have been passed down. Here are the ingredients (add water, too) for Jordan's Grandma Polly's pie crust. I have benefited from Grandma Polly making it a number of times, but this year I got to make it myself! I must say it was quite simple; I was anticipating something that might be difficult, but it was not!

I forgot to take a picture of the balls of dough lined up on the wax paper, but here they are in bags. This recipe makes a lot, and it's great to freeze!

My Grandmother Hervey made a fantastic apple pie!!! I absolutely LOVE it! (And so do the rest of the Hervey's!!) I'm so happy that I got to make it this year! Here are some of the ingredients for the apple pie.

Now it's ready to go in the oven.
Doesn't that look good?!!
Dishing up the pie...
...and now let's chow down!
The whole clan!
Jordan and me
Jordan being silly - and me laughing (What's new?!)


Laura and me
Some Hervey's supporting the Aggies on Thanksgiving day. (Thanks to his brother, Chris, Jordan was able to go to this game! Too bad the Aggies lost).
Here's a field goal in action!
Moving on to Saturday: My birthday! I turned 28 on the 28th! We went out for lunch and had Mexican food! YUM!

Then we came home and had cake. YUM! YUM! (See the 28 in the candles?)
Taylor being a silly guy
The birthday card Taylor made for meMarcus enjoying his cake, (after his nap)

Marcus really going for his ice cream. (Who needs a spoon, anyway?)

Marcus writing with one huge pen
That sums up November! I'm so grateful for every day I have on this earth. I'm grateful for Jordan and that he loves me so much. I'm also grateful for this little girl inside of me. - I feel her kick and move around every day now!

1 comment:

Mel said...

WOW!~It looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Happy "Golden Birthday," too!