Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Outside the Capitol Building

On Saturday morning, after breakfast and after Claire got reacquainted with Grandmom, Granddad, Aunt Laura, and Uncle Matt, we went to the Louisiana State Capitol Building. I like going here, so I'm always happy to go again with new folks in town! (Thanks again to Laura for her pictures. From here on out, I'll be using a mixture of both her and my pictures!)


Here's Dad, in between taking photos of the Huey P. Long statue.

And here's Huey P. Long, himself.

I think Claire was trying to tell Aunt Laura something very important!

As is so often the case with a capitol building, you never know what you'll find when you go. This time we were greeted by a loud crowd, but it was hard to understand what they were saying, (not that I was that interested, really).

We just tried to get inside, and we hoped they'd be gone by the time we left -- so that we could get some pictures on the state steps!

No comments: