Wednesday, August 24, 2011

17 Months

Wow! Time flies when a baby is growing up! Claire is just as wonderful as ever, and her little personality and her own personal desires are becoming more and more evident! She still loves to be my shadow. Lately, she has been copying some of the things that I do, too. For instance, when she's running to give me a hug, sometimes I'll kneel down on the floor so she can reach me better. But recently, when I do that, she then kneels down on the floor -- three or four feet away from me! So there's no hug; there's just her copying me. It always makes me laugh! She also likes to act like she's coloring or writing. She wants to have a writing utensil in her hand, and she wants a piece of paper. Then she makes some motions as if she's writing. It seems like she wants to do this because she sees us writing.


She also puts her hands over her mouth when she laughs sometimes. That is so funny to see! And sometimes she just looks at you with her mouth wide open. It looks as if she's saying, "Oh, my!" But I really don't think she means that; it's just something she does.

She has two ear infections right now. After a number of nights of her staying awake for 2 or 2 1/2 hours after I put her to bed, and after a huge blowout diaper, I finally put two and two together and realized she might have an ear infection. Sure enough, she does. Thankfully, she was pretty much herself before I realized about the ear infection. And thankfully, she's even more herself now that she's been on medicine for a couple of days.


She also has five teeth coming in right now! They've all broken through the surface, but none of them are completely in yet. She's getting the top four teeth in the front, and she's getting one in the back on the bottom right.

This morning, Claire weighs 26 pounds and is just about 33 inches long.

We love this sweet, happy girl!

1 comment:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Claire-Girl!! She is just the most fabulous little girl in the world! THREE WEEKS! :-D