Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Boston Public Library

One afternoon, I had some time to kill while Jordan was occupied at the conference, so I decided to walk around the Boston Public Library.



It's on Copley Square, which was very near our hotel, so I had seen it a number of times. It's made up of two different buildings; one is much older than the other. There is a nice courtyard between the two buildings.


The older of the two buildings has murals, statues,

beautiful ceilings,

and interesting architecture.

The newer of the two buildings has the children's section, which I visited, since I missed Claire! (I bet the moms in here wondered why I took a picture of all these children's books!)

I found a little duck, (like the ones in the Public Garden), and I know Claire would have liked it!

I always like seeing the American flag on display!

While I was in the library, it started pouring down rain, so I was happy to be inside and dry!

No comments: