Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I am so eternally grateful for Jesus Christ. I know He is my Savior, King, and Redeemer. I know that He lives. And I am so happy to celebrate that today!

On a more secular note, we had a fun Easter morning. Claire found the chocolate in her Easter basket,

and she got some help from Dad in getting to the actual chocolate!


She also went on a search for some Easter eggs. (We dyed some eggs early last week with our neighbors, but I don't have those eggs anymore. I hard boiled some eggs yesterday morning with the intention of dyeing them yesterday with Claire, but that never happened. I guess we'll have a fun activity to do tomorrow! - So that's why she's searching for plastic Easter eggs in these pictures). (Also, I know her pj's don't match; her clean ones (that match) were still in the dryer when she went to bed last night).

She found candy in her eggs!

And Dad helped her with it - once again.

We had a delicious blueberry buttermilk breakfast cake for breakfast, and then we got ready for church. I had a really fun time playing the organ today. I love the Easter hymns, and I got to play them with gusto!

We had some friends come over for dinner, and I'm so glad they came over! I didn't take any pictures, but the food still tasted great! We had ham, a zucchini tart, garlic mashed potatoes, fruit salad, and rolls. For dessert we had a strawberry pie, and our friends brought some cupcakes, too. - The cupcakes were probably Claire's favorite part of dinner, but the blackberries in the fruit salad were a close second!

Once again, I'm so happy to celebrate the fact that Jesus Christ lives! He loves us all!

No comments: