Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chinatown

During our first afternoon in San Francisco, we went to Chinatown!




The boys next to the classic lion.

A view of one of the Chinatown streets.

A view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the middle of the street. I'm glad I didn't get hit as I stopped to take this picture while crossing the street.

I just had to get a picture with this interesting instrument!

This street was very festive!



We had fun just walking around, looking in shops, and seeing sites we don't tend to see on a daily basis - like ducks in a window.

When dinner time came, we finally decided on a restaurant that was fabulous! We sat on a balcony and enjoyed the view of Chinatown from above.

 

We ordered a meal for four, and we had lots and lots of food. It was excellent!


This was only some of the food!


On the way out, I stopped to play this drum a little bit; the semester of percussion I took at Tech came rushing back to me! :-)

Chinatown was a great start to our San Francisco trip!

No comments: