Monday, September 3, 2012

Eventful August!

August was eventful around here. First, Jordan and I got to go on a vacation (because of an anesthesia convention) to San Francisco. There, we met up with Stephen and Mel and had a fabulous time! Claire stayed in Dallas with my family during that time. My mom was going to be her primary caretaker, but she ended up getting West Nile Virus. She spent 4 days in the hospital and then had to recover once she got home. So Laura took care of Claire, and she had plenty of help from Matt, my dad, and Peter, too. They all juggled caring for Claire, caring for and visiting my mom in the hospital, letting Matt & Laura go out for their 2-year anniversary, and more while we were gone. Thank you all so much! We spent a few days in Dallas with our family after we flew back from San Francisco. And finally, we headed home.

About a week later, I drove to Houston to drop Claire off with Jordan's parents. They watched her (thank you!!) while I went to Boston with a number of my extended family members to support my cousin as he graduated from high school. When I flew back to Houston, we made sure to eat some great Mexican food, and I drove back home with Claire the next day. It was so nice to be home.

But being home was short-lived! I was only home for the weekend. One week from the day I drove to Houston before going to Boston, I ended up driving back to Houston to get out of Hurricane Isaac's way. Because we have family so close and out of the way of the hurricane, I would simply rather get out of the hurricane's way than try to hunker down --- by myself, with Claire. Jordan still had to work in McComb, MS. If Jordan had been here, maybe it would have been different, but we decided that I could go to Houston again for the week. So Claire and I stayed with Stephen and Mel, and Claire got to play with her cousins. That was nice. Thanks, guys!

Now, I'm finally back in town - until next week! :-) I do like having the flexibility to get up and go somewhere when necessary - and when I want to. It's nice. But it's also nice to be home! So I'm going to live it up at home this week! Yay!

And for those of you who really just want to see pictures of Claire, here she is devouring her ice cream last night. She had sprinkles, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, and sliced almonds on top of Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla. She wanted every last drop!



No comments: