Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lessons: Camping

During the past several weeks, I've tried to have some classes with Claire about camping. The first day we read some books about camping, and we built a tent under the kitchen table with blankets. Claire looked around with a flashlight.



She "took a nap."

And she loved eating her snack in the tent! 

Since then, we've read some more books, and we've built a tent while some friends were over playing. We also made binoculars with those friends. I used empty toilet paper rolls and had them put stickers of things we can see outside on them. I stapled two rolls together for each girl, and I put some yarn on them so they can hang around their necks. (Claire promptly tore hers apart, but she still carries them around).

And tonight I thought it would be fun to tie up all these loose ends with s'mores. Well, Claire didn't like it - not one bit! (So I ate two s'mores instead of just one. - Thanks, Claire!)

Maybe next week we can have our little class more regularly.... We'll see!

No comments: