Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gender Reveal: It's a ......

Is this Baby Cooper a he or a she? Let's party and find out which one it'll be!

My sister-in-law Mel threw us an awesome gender reveal party. Just look at this spread and the fun decor!



We had Dude Food (pizza, wings, T-bone steak, etc.) and Chick Picks (fruit, cheese & crackers, caprese kabobs, etc.) For dessert we had chocolate chip cookies - some with nuts and some without.

We had a little raffle where everyone put in a dollar, and someone from the winning team would win all the money.

We signed in with a suggested name for the baby.

And we all wore pink or blue to show if we thought Baby Cooper's a girl or a boy. (Are those guys brothers or something? They all look alike!)

I'm glad my mom and sister could come for the fun!

Here's a little side note. The night before the party I dreamed that I slept through the party, and no one came to wake me up. I came downstairs, the party was over, and it had been revealed that it was a girl. When I woke up from my dream, I really wondered if I had slept through the party!

Jordan and I frequently ask Claire if she wants a little brother or a little sister. Her answer varies daily, but on the day of the party she said sister. So she wore pink, too!

Mel had asked me some questions about old wives' tales to predict if I'm having a girl or a boy.

And we did a few tests at the party, like this one where Jordan held my wedding ring from a strand of my hair over my big belly to see if it swung in circles or just stayed still.

After eating, 

we all went outside for the big reveal!

We have team pink,

and team blue.

Jordan cut open the box,

and we were so excited to find out what this baby will be!



It's a .....


BOY!!!!!!!!

This family of pink had it all wrong! Claire's getting a baby brother!


Team Blue - hooray!

Team Pink - better luck next time! 

Checking out the ultrasound pictures


Here's another side note. Ever since I was pregnant with Claire, Jordan has said that we are going to have all girls. I got used to that idea, and I've been totally okay with that. So I just figured this baby was a girl. But a few weeks before my ultrasound, I had the feeling that this baby might be a boy. At the ultrasound, we told the techs that we didn't want to know. They found out the baby's gender, wrote it down, and put that paper in an envelope. They also included some ultrasound pictures. I mailed the envelope to Mel, so she could get the balloons ready. But at the ultrasound, two different techs - at two different times - referred to the baby as "she" or "her." I just figured they slipped up. So I left the ultrasound thinking this baby is a girl. They tricked me! And I was completely surprised at the party!  - You can tell I was surprised in this video because I said, "No way!!!!" as soon as I saw the blue balloons!



Kyle was the big winner of the raffle!


And he also had fun in the big box with balloons!

Thanks, Mel, for throwing us such a fun party! Thanks to those who helped, too! It was awesome, and now we are excited to get ready for this baby boy! 

1 comment:

Megan and Ben said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you to have a boy!