Friday, March 20, 2009

Fogo de Chao


Bando and the boys like to go to Fogo, a Brasilian steakhouse, whenever they can. I've always heard the anticipation before they go, and I've seen the results when they get back, but I've never gone myself. (The results, by the way, usually include everyone who went vegging for a while in the living room and maybe even taking a nap).

Today, Steve-o, Stephen, Mel, Chris, Rebecca, Jordan, and I went to Fogo, so I got to experience the "magic" to its fullest extent! But it all began this morning. When Jordan and I were getting ready to go, he gave me a mini-lecture on what to do and what not to do at Fogo. Here are some of his words of wisdom:
  • Don't be fooled by the salad bar. You go to Fogo to eat meat, not to get full on the salad bar. He recommends getting some rice and beans from the salad bar to eat with the meat.
  • They'll bring mashed potatoes to the table. Don't eat them. They are good mashed potatoes, but that's not why we're going to Fogo.
  • If your plate gets full of meat you don't want to eat, ask for a new plate; they'll gladly bring you one.
  • Don't drink 3 glasses of water with your meal. (I can do that easily when we eat out!) But he does recommend drinking a Guarana because that's how it is in Brasil.
Those are just a few of his instructions to me. I was surprised at how long his mini-lecture lasted! But it was well worth it because I was not fooled by the salad bar! The food was great! I especially enjoyed the chicken legs and the filet mignon. They were superb!!! Also, the bananas were amazing!!!

When we had all finished, Steve-o had some great words of wisdom for us: "Fogo is like golf. You don't play to win; you just play the game."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally experienced Fogo for the first time on Valentine's. Dave and I went to phoenix and went with mom and dad and Justin. Man, what a meal! We hibernated like bears after! So, now the family has experienced "Fogo de Chao"
Love, Ashley