Monday, April 25, 2011

13 Months

Claire is 13 months old today! And she's such a big girl! She likes to play with clothes, bags, belts, and any other "accessories" that she can pick up, put on, or carry around.

As of tonight, Claire is 21.8 pounds and 30 inches long. She seems to be holding steady at these measurements.


Claire loves her dad, and she lights up when he comes home. I love seeing that! She says "dad" frequently. {But she usually only says "mom" when she's crying!} This morning I went in to get her when she woke up, and, while I was changing her diaper, she pointed to the hallway and said, "Da!" {I just got her up from a full night of sleep, and she doesn't even care! She just wants to see Dad! But that's okay. I don't mind that a bit!} :-)

When Claire says dad, she builds up to it. She has her tongue ready to make a d sound, and after a couple of seconds, she finally says, "Daaaaaaa!"


Claire still loves to point. It seems like she points all the time. She tries to communicate through pointing, and, thankfully, it works sometimes.

Claire loves to be wherever I am. She follows me from room to room. If I leave the room we are in, she looks up with concern until I come back, or she gets up and follows me wherever I go. I don't mind having her as my shadow, {especially because Jordan is so good at letting me have some time to myself when he is able to}.


I love you, Claire-girl!

1 comment:

Laura Elizabeth said...

She's so old!!!

11 days!