Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Patio Garden

Here are some pictures of our little patio garden!  Every morning I open the blinds in the kitchen, and this is what I get to see! It's fun!

 We have a green pepper plant and some parsley,

The Creole tomato is a hybrid that was developed at LSU to withstand the elements in Baton Rouge. I hope ours is fruitful!


We also have basil. I LOVE basil! We've already used it in a few of our meals, and I'm so glad we have it! It's much cheaper (and definitely more fun) to get some basil from the patio than it is to buy some fresh basil every time we want to use it. My experience with fresh basil from the store is that it doesn't last very long. And this way, we have fresh basil on hand. - I don't have to plan when I want to use it; it's just here!

Here are some of our flowers. 

 I also LOVE having these Gerber Daisies! (These were our wedding flowers!)

Right now not all of our plants are flourishing, but hopefully I can mend my ways (and figure out the plants) before the plants die!

Thanks for your help, Mom, with getting me started with these!  It's fun!

3 comments:

Liz Marshall said...

Those pictures of the flowers are beautiful! Good luck with the garden I wish I had space for one!

Mel said...

Love it. I totally got the gardening bug. I hope everything we planted grows well.

Lee Hervey said...

You are so welcome! It was fun!!