Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, I am enjoying making this a special Valentine's Day for Claire and for others. (Jordan's working in Lafayette this week, so I won't see him today). So Claire and I began our day with heart-shaped toast for breakfast!


Heart-shaped toast is so simple, but I'm glad it's something I could easily do to make the morning a little different and a little fun.

After eating the heart, Claire asked for more toast, so I gave her the rest of the piece of toast. She didn't really eat much of it, but she had fun playing with it!

And she wore it like a bracelet, too!

Then, we dipped some strawberries in chocolate! (And this is Claire saying "Cheese" for the picture...)

Don't they look delicious?! Now to the fridge to set.

With the strawberries dipped, but with chocolate left over, Claire and I shared a banana dipped in chocolate, too. It might be hard to tell, but Claire liked it!
A bit later, I put some on some plates so we could take them to make some special deliveries.
Claire was ready to go, so we left to take strawberries to our friends!
This weekend, when Jordan was home, we celebrated Valentine's Day in a very low-key sort of way. We all went out to eat on Friday. Saturday morning Jordan made breakfast - oven pancakes, which were wonderful!

Saturday night, we put Claire down and brought home some food from BJ's. We ate and watched a movie while Claire was in bed. Sunday, we dipped some strawberries in chocolate and enjoyed them.

We're having a fun, love-filled day over here. I hope you are, too!

2 comments:

Mel said...

We were on a similar wave-length this morning!

Liz Marshall said...

I am just not that creative. But, we did have a heart shaped pizza! Glad you girls had a lovable day and happy day!