Friday, February 10, 2012

Iron Chef: Baton Rouge

Today the secret ingredient was ZUCCHINI!

I don't cook with zucchini much, so I had fun browsing through recipes online as I searched for one I wanted to make. I decided on the Easy Zucchini, Tomato, and Cheese Tart. I was so happy with how it came out of the oven this morning that I had Jordan take a picture of me with it before I left.


Here we have the other lovely ladies and their zucchini dishes. (I'm sorry that I didn't do a good job of checking this picture for closed eyes before I put the camera away!)

Iron Chef Heather - Zucchini Cupcakes
Iron Chef Amy - Shrimp Parmesan Stuffed Zucchini
Iron Chef Ashley - Zucchini Bisque


Iron Chef Amanda, with Sous Chef Hannah - Zucchini Blueberry Bread

Iron Chef Thi came later with her Chocolate Zucchini Pound Cake. It was delicious! But I didn't get a picture.

I'm happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed ALL of the dishes, and I bet I've had a couple of servings of veggies already today! - Maybe I'll start cooking with zucchini more often!

Another fun thing about Iron Chef today was that I won! And Iron Chef Ashley won 2nd place. That zucchini bisque was excellent!

Until next time, Happy Eating!

No comments: