Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More from the Capitol Building

I know we've been to the Capitol Building a few times already, but I plan to go a few more times before we move away from Baton Rouge. And here's why: I want to have a series of pictures of Claire taken in the same place so that we can chronicle her growth while we're here. (I mean, look at her the last time we visited the Capitol Building; she looks so different!) So, with Jordan having somewhat of a surprise day off, we went to the Capitol Building on Monday!

She's so big that she didn't need to be in a stroller this time, and she LOVED that!

(I know we all know it's been a mild winter, but can you believe the azaleas are already blooming so beautifully?!! I love seeing them all over town these days!)

So big, yet so small

TEXAS!!!!


Jordan and Claire always seem to have some great photos on the top.



I love this one!



On the way back down, (Claire with snack in hand), we thought to have her pose for a Louisiana photo.

On the way back to the car, Claire ran around. She evidently thought that the grass was much more fun to walk on than the sidewalk.



I've seen some of these trees around town, and I think they are BEAUTIFUL!!! On this outing, I learned {from the man spraying weeds in the sidewalk cracks} that they are called Camellias. I really think they are gorgeous. I would love to have one - and some azaleas - in our yard one day!

Then we went back to the car and stopped at a local place, Frostop, for lunch. They had some interesting homemade root beer, which I got used to by the end of our meal.

I love unexpected days off!

No comments: