Monday, May 14, 2012

Reunited

Claire and I were reunited today. At first, she looked a bit different and a bit more blonde. She just seemed so grown up -- in some ways. And she was cracking me up with everything she was saying! I just kept laughing and smiling and laughing and smiling.

Then Jordan headed out to work. Claire was fine for a while, but for a few hours after that, it seemed like all Claire did was fuss. She must not be feeling well, and I'm sorry there's not much I can do for her. (I took her to the doctor on Friday, and she has roseola, which is a rash, and a common side effect is irritability. Thankfully, it's not contagious, but there's nothing I can do for her besides give her Tylenol). I'm just thankful I had the patience to deal with her fussiness today. - I'm sure I was able to handle it only because I hadn't seen her for 2 and a half days. That's a blessing. And I hope she feels better soon and gets back to her normal self.

But with or without the fussiness, I'm so happy to be with Claire again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? That's true with many relationships, including mother-daughter ones! Welcome home, Claire! {And I'm also very happy that Jordan is home, too, of course!}

1 comment:

Tasha said...

It's quite possible that she was fussier BECAUSE she hadn't been with you in a couple days. My kiddos like to test me when we've been apart for awhile. They just need to make sure all the rules are the same and nothing's changed!