Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Thrillin' 30th Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Jordan! He's 30 now! (Welcome to the club, Bando! After being in it for 5 months already, I can say it's not that bad, thankfully!)

We had his birthday party at lunch today, since he works afternoons/nights now. (When Jordan mentioned to Claire that she could come to his birthday party, she was so excited and wanted to have it right then and kept talking about how she got to go to his birthday party. It was cute!) Jordan is also studying for a final he has on Friday, so he went to school this morning, (which left me with just enough time to take care of one last surprise....), and then he came home for lunch.

I know Jordan hadn't really been looking forward to this actual day very much because he has to study and work, but after the AMAZING lunch we had, he said, "I wasn't really excited about today. But now - after this incredible lunch - I'm really excited!" We both agreed that it was the best meal that I have ever made for him. (Thank you, Ina Garten, a.k.a. Barefoot Cantessa, for having such an amazing and easy meal I could make!)


We had fillet of beef sandwiches. I forgot to get a close-up of the sandwich, but it's a French baguette, black truffle butter, a beef tenderloin that I cooked at 500 degrees for 28 minutes, salt & pepper, Parmesan cheese, and spring greens. And I must say -- it truly was fantastic! I'm so happy it turned out so well, and I'm so happy it helped Jordan enjoy his birthday! That was my goal!

We had root beer floats for dessert. (Thanks, Stephen, for the great idea!)

Jordan and Claire opened presents. Jordan got some good ones! (I like the looks on his face in some of these pictures!)




And then it was time for Jordan to take a nap before he heads in to work this afternoon. But WAIT! Here's the other surprise!


Thirty reasons I love Bando!



Once we gathered the balloons back up, I put them in the hall and didn't think much about them. The next thing I knew Claire was running through the house with all the balloons - laughing and shrieking with joy! Balloons can certainly be magical and so, so fun!


Happy Birthday, Jordan!


2 comments:

crystal said...

30 Things I Love is an awesome idea!! I totally plan on stealing it for Blake. And maybe Emerson too.... Even though he'll only be one.

Amy & Mark said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan! It's been great catching up on your blog! I can't believe how Claire has grown -- what a beautiful, fun little girl!