Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dayton - 6 Months

Dayton is 6 months old!

Here are some milestones for this month:

  • He rolls from his back to his tummy (first time April 29). He will roll and roll and roll all around the room. 
  • He started eating solid food - so far rice cereal, carrots, and whole wheat cereal.
  • He started taking naps in his crib instead of the swing. He didn’t like it at first, (and he still cries for at least 5-10 minutes when I put him down for a nap now), but he sleeps in his crib for his naps.
  • His sleeping at night had gotten worse instead of better, so I cut the cord! The first night was rough. He woke up a lot, and I just rubbed his back and sang him a song after 5 minutes of crying, then 10, then 15. He and I were up a lot of that night. The next night was better; he just woke up once around 12 or 1 am. And the third night he slept through the night, and I didn’t hear from him until 6:45am! Hooray!
  • He also had his first ear infection this past month. He didn’t like taking his medicine, but we got most of it in him! 


 I take him to the doctor next week, so I’ll post his stats then.

He loves to see what we’re doing. I love it that Claire likes to entertain him. She loves to talk to him, sing to him, touch his fingers, do anything to make him laugh, give him toys, and help him if she can. She’s a good big sister. And Dayton’s a sweet little boy. He loves taking baths. He gets very, very excited when he’s lying on the floor in a diaper while I start the bath water.


We love this little guy!

No comments: