Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pies, Pies, Pies!

In October I taught a class about how to make pie crust. I had the tasty idea to make a few pies for people to eat at the end of the class. But I didn’t actually get going with this idea and plan until the morning of the class, and I still had to go to the store and buy some ingredients! So I began making three pies around 11am, and by 4:30pm they were finished. And I was exhausted. And the kitchen was messy!




I had great plans to take pictures of all three pies together, but that didn’t happen either. But at least the pie crust class went well! People who came got to make a batch of pie crust and take it home. And many people enjoyed the pies I made. Here’s my Grandmom Griffin’s fudge pie.

I also made her strawberry pie (which is pictured here mid-way through the process of making it). 

And I made my Grandmother Hervey’s apple pie. Delicious!!!! 


No comments: