Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Fun at the Zoo

I went with Claire and her class to the zoo, and we had a great time! I was thinking (for some unknown reason), that I might have around 6 kids to chaperone in my group. The morning of the field trip, though, I found out my group only had two kids: Claire and her friend. AND her friend’s dad was going to meet us at the zoo. So Claire, her friend, her friend’s dad, and I walked around the zoo together. It was quite an easy day of chaperoning! We had a lot of fun. Thankfully, it wasn’t too hot, (although the girls were definitely hot by the end, but it could have been 20 degrees hotter, so I wasn’t complaining!) They wanted to stop at every statue they saw for a picture.


Claire really wanted to see the penguins. I think they were the second animal we saw!


Claire also was very interested in holding the map. She didn’t want to let it go.


We saw elephants!


And warthogs.

And Claire and her friend got to feed the giraffes. I was a bit skeptical about spending $5 on lettuce leaves when maybe the giraffes had already eaten enough, but one came right over to Claire and her friend, and the giraffe ate up all the leaves. It really was neat!




Gorillas



Crocodile (too bad this one wasn’t a saltwater croc!)




We ate our lunch in the shade.

Snakes


When asked about the best part of her day at dinner that night, Claire said that eating ice cream at the zoo was the best part. I guess eating ice cream overrides feeding a giraffe and seeing lots of animals. :-)

No comments: