Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Mother’s Day

On Mother’s Day, we were driving home from Midland. So we had a nice lunch with Stephen, Mel, and their boys before we left town. But Claire really wanted to do some other things for me, so my Mother’s Day was the next Saturday. I got to sleep in. (Hallelujah!) When I woke up, I texted Jordan, and then the kids brought me breakfast in bed. The menu was Claire’s idea: eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice. While I was eating, Claire wanted to do a chore for me. So they cleaned the bathroom. Score! Then Claire and Dayton sang me a sweet Mother’s Day song and gave me lots of pictures they had made. This one’s my favorite:


Then I was able to go get a pedicure all by myself. Wonderful.

I’m so thankful for my sweet kids and for Jordan helping them put Claire's plan into action.

No comments: