Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jordan!

Today is Jordan's birthday! I wanted him to have a birthday message from me when he woke up this morning, so I used Cheerios to spell a message:




It was fun to "write!"

Jordan enjoyed a massage this morning and came home feeling extremely relaxed! I took a half day off of work, and we went to Saltgrass for lunch. Our food was fantastic!



Then we went to the golf course. It's been a while since Bando has played golf, but he had a great time! Here he is at the driving range getting warmed up.




And here he is at hole 2.


He made par on hole 13 and hole 18! That was a great way to end the course! Here's Jordan relaxing in the golf cart.



And here I am in my seat.


Yes, that's right. I drove the golf cart. I had never set foot on a real golf course before, (Putt-Putt was the extent of my experience), and I felt quite out of place at first. When we arrived at the clubhouse, there were about 20 ladies sitting outside on the patio having a meeting. The walkway to the bathroom, (we had just come from lunch, where I drank a lot of water and lemonade), was straight through the middle of this group of ladies. Then at the driving range, there was a man next to us who obviously knew what he was doing, and I just didn't feel like I belonged there. It was a bit odd. Then I started driving the golf cart. I eventually got the hang of it, but let's just say that I didn't know what I was doing at first.

After golf, we went to Jordan's parent's house for dinner. It was delicious. - Thanks Grandma Polly!


Grandma Polly and Lou really enjoyed the German chocolate cake they made!


Jordan really enjoyed his birthday today. Thank you to all of you for your love and support for him!

By the way, he's finished with school!!!!! Hooray!

3 comments:

Amber in Deutschland said...

Very happy birthday Jordan!!!

Mel said...

I just read another of my friend's blogs. This is pretty freaky. Her husband's birthday was on Thursday, too. He ALSO wanted to get a massage, but the place was booked. They went out to a steak place, and he went golfing!!!! Sound familiar?

Mandi said...

Happy Birthday Jordan! Sorry we missed it! We'll just have to remember for next year and make up for it then. Julia...I tagged you for husband tag! :)