Sunday, May 18, 2008

Husband Tag

What is his name? Jordan Cooper, (aka Bando)


How did you meet? I was moving from a 1 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom apartment, (on a Tuesday, of all days!), because I was getting a roommate, and I needed help moving. My friend called a member of the bishopric for me, he called some guys from the ward and asked them to help me, and Jordan called me and set up a time to come over to help move me. He and some other guys moved all the big stuff, and I thanked them and told them they didn't have to stay because I had some girl friends coming over to help me with the other things. Jordan asked what other things they were going to help with. I told him we were going to put the kitchen items in laundry baskets and carry them over, and he just grabbed a laundry basket and started loading!

How long have you been married? Almost three years!

How long did you date? We knew each other for about 2 and a half months before we got engaged.

How old is he? 26

How old are you? 26

Who eats more sweets? I definitely do, but he does like desserts more now than he did when we first met.

Who is taller? He is! I like that.

Who is the better singer? Well, since I have a degree in music and teach choir for a living, I do. But Jordan is a better singer than he usually gives himself credit!

Who is smarter? It depends on what you're talking about. Classical music? Me. Medical stuff? Him.

Who does the laundry? I do. That's one thing he really doesn't enjoy very much.

Who does the dishes? We both do them, but he does them more willingly than I do. If we have a sink full of dishes and we're both helping to clean the dishes, he usually washes and lets me dry! He's so fantastic!

Who pays the bills? I do; my right-brained personality helps me get them paid on time.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? That's my side!

Who mows the lawn? Well, we don't have a lawn at this moment in our lives. We have discussed lawns. I want a nice yard, but for a while Jordan was more enticed by a lawn full of rocks - like they have in Phoenix. He is more open to a grass-filled yard at this point, but I don't think that he wants to mow. We'll see what happens!

Who cooks dinner? Jordan cooks WAY more than I do! I always told my mom I was going to marry a guy who cooked, and she told me that not all guys are as good at cooking as my dad is. (My dad always cooks great breakfasts on the weekends, and he usually cooks a great meal on Sundays, too. He also helps with cooking at other times when it's needed). My mom wanted to make sure that I understood that not all guys are like that! But I married a guy who really enjoys cooking! And he is a SUPER chef! It's great! - Jordan is not a chicken in the kitchen!


Who drives? Jordan does, and I like that, too!

Besides you, who is his best friend? His brothers - just look at how much fun they have together!




Who asked who out first? He asked me out.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first.

What was your first date? Well that's kind of hard to say. He asked me to pick him up for a service project at church, but that wasn't really a date. He invited me to his parents house for a Christmas party they were having, but it wasn't just the two of us, so I don't always consider that a date. He came to my grandmom's house and met my parents, and we had dinner with them, and then we went out by ourselves for the first real time, I guess. We went to Hermann Park, walked around, looked at Christmas lights, and took a spin in a paddle boat!

Who proposed? He did, of course! That's one thing I've always loved about being a girl; I knew I would never have to propose to anyone!

Who has more siblings? We both have 3 siblings.

The Hervey Quad


The Cooper Quad



What is your favorite thing about him? Well, many things come to mind, but if I were to name just one, I'd have to say that I love the way that he always looks for ways to serve others. Whether it's helping a young girl who lost her tube while floating down a river, or it's letting someone borrow a cord you plug into your car so you can listen to your ipod when you're going on a long car trip, he always wants to help people!


I tag: Mel

No comments: