Monday, July 14, 2008

Moving

We moved -- again. Some people move a lot during college. Not me. I moved into the dorms, and then I moved into an apartment. I stayed in that same apartment for the rest of my college career! (And I had the same roommate, too!) I watched as my friends moved every year, and I loved it that I got to stay in the same place!

Then I got married, and Jordan and I moved into an apartment together. One year later, we moved into a different apartment (because of noisy neighbors!) We stayed there for two lovely years, but the time came again. We moved. Here are some pre-move pictures.






After we packed, we went to Dallas for Father's Day and to watch the Braves play the Rangers. When all the Cooper's were leaving the last game of the series, Stephen had a great suggestion. He suggested that Mel and Kyle come to Houston for a few days, since he would be working all of that time. Jordan and I were already planning on going to Midland in about 5 days, so we could bring them with us. Mel quickly agreed, and I was hyped! You see, every time that we have moved, Mel has happened to be in town around moving time, and she has helped to unpack/decorate our home. She is very talented at decorating, and I have come to rely on her for decorating for me! I knew that Mel would be in Houston in August, but with her change of plans to come to Houston that weekend in June, I knew she would help get our home looking great in no time!

So we came back to Houston, and we moved all of our things. Thank you Lou, Mel, Kyle, and Justin for helping us move &/or clean our old apartment. We really appreciate all that you did to help us! Your help made this move the easiest move yet!

While I was putting in shelf paper,


Jordan hooked up the computer and did other "boy stuff," and Mel unpacked the living room and made it look great! Here, you can see some of the mess.









At one point, Jordan was in the 2nd bedroom unpacking, and I was unpacking somewhere else. He asked me where something should go, so I came in the room, saw what was in his hand, and started talking about where we could put it. I did not notice that he was dressed like this!



When I finally looked up at him, I burst out laughing!

We all kept working, and we got a lot accomplished in one day! It was great! Thanks, Mel, for all your help! And thanks, Lou, for watching Kyle, so Mel could help us! Here is what she did!








I never could have made all of that look so good! (Believe me - I've tried!)

I love our closet! It's humongous!

2 comments:

Mel said...

What an AWESOME apartment you have. I need to have your decorator come out to help me in Miami! :)

Arnold LvE said...

Jordan,

seeing you like that, well, I just don't quite know what to say...

So where did you actually move to? Address per email please....
-Arnold