Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Tree!

Claire and I picked out our Christmas tree today! On the way home, I told her we had a Christmas tree in our car, and she kept saying, "ah-tree cah," {meaning Christmas tree -- car}. She was soft to the tree during the ride home.


We did this without Jordan knowing. - He is studying hard for two finals he has on Monday. - But I wanted to go ahead and get the tree up, so we can enjoy it longer. I was thinking that getting the tree in the tree stand was going to be the hardest part to do alone, but I was willing to give it a shot - or call on my neighbors to help if I needed it. But when I went to the little, local place to get the tree, I saw the guys putting tree stands on trees for their customers. What a wonderful idea! So I went home tree-less that first trip, and later we went back, picked a tree, and roamed the tree lot as they put the tree stand on for us. Awesome! {Claire loved walking around the tree lot! I wish I had brought my camera!}


Claire had to go to bed before I got started decorating the tree. But if she was awed by the tag at the top,

I'm sure she'll be amazed by the tree tomorrow!

I'm quite pleased!

I did let Claire see her stocking before she went to bed, though.

I love Christmas time!

2 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Yay for Christmas and Christmas trees and decorations!! Claire is adorable with the tree! And she looks like SUCH a Cooper in the ones with the tree inside the house! :) Wow!

Liz Marshall said...

Cute! Christmas is the best time of year. Especially with children!