Friday, December 2, 2011

Iron Chef: Baton Rouge

Iron Chef made its way to Baton Rouge! {Thanks to Mel for this great idea!!} Some friends came over to join in a culinary challenge. Everyone brought a dish that included some type of cheese. We ate, {hooray!} and then we judged each dish based on taste, creativity, and presentation. I think we all had a great time!

Morgan and Heather

Heather, Megan, and Helen

Stacy and Lindsay

The kids had a great time...... {They even outnumbered the adults!}

{This picture reminds me so much of pictures of my cousins and me at the piano at my grandparents' house! Cute!}

The dishes we had were:

Chef Heather P - Stuffed Mushrooms
Chef Megan - Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
Chef Lindsay - Cheesy Potatoes
Chef Stacy - Cream Cheese with a yummy sauce that I don't remember the name of!
Chef Heather U - Caramalized Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza
Chef Helen - Mac 'n Cheese
Chef Morgan - Chocolate Pie
Chef Julia - Sausage Freezies

Chef Heather U and Chef Helen were TIED after the initial judging, so we went to a run-off. {Such suspense at our first Iron Chef: Baton Rouge! Wow!!!}

And the winner is....... Iron Chef Helen! She was thrilled that she won!

Thanks to everyone who came! And if you couldn't make it this time, hopefully you can make it next time!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm so glad you're extending the tradition!