Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our 4th of July

America! I love America! I'm thankful for the freedoms we have, and I'm thankful for those who have given so much so that I can enjoy living in this great country each day. Thank you!

We had a nice, relaxing day on July 4th. We just hung out at home. Claire and I did some crafts. We all sang some patriotic songs to celebrate. We marched around the house waving flags and singing "You're a Grand Old Flag." We had kabobs and burgers for dinner. I made an American flag out of fruit kabobs! We had a nice day.


Thankfully, Jordan did have the 4th off, but that night he had to drive back to Mississippi so he could work in McComb the next day. So he missed out on the evening festivities. But I'm glad Claire and I still went!

We listened to a community band concert on the steps of the Capital Building. Here, the band is still warming up.


During some of the concert, Claire played with a little boy who was next to us. I occasionally convinced her to sit with me to listen to a song or two. She also was her silly, crazy self as she spun around, ran down the steps, or even lied down on the steps!


I wasn't sure if I was going to try to go see the fireworks. I thought I'd have to go back to the car, drive somewhere else to get closer to the fireworks, find another parking space, walk somewhere else, and hopefully find a place where we could see the fireworks. But right before the last song of the concert, the conductor announced that you can see them great from the steps of the Capital Building! So we just stayed right there! Claire enjoyed the fireworks just fine, but she was much more interested in the sweet teenage girl behind us who thought Claire was so cute and funny. Oh well! She knows that fireworks go "BOOM! BOOM!" And at least she's seen some now! And I'm glad that we watched the fireworks. - I do enjoy celebrating our nation's independence that way!

God Bless America!

No comments: