Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Potty Time!

I putt off potty training Claire for various reasons: a number of upcoming long car trips, not having her in a big girl bed yet, and not wanting to deal with the inevitable messes that come when you enter that territory.

But a couple of weeks ago I just decided to go for it. I was tired of buying diapers, and I figured Claire could do it because she can talk so well. So we read a book (Big Girls Use the Potty!), I tried to stay home (but we actually never stayed home for an entire day), and I had her running around the house in nothing but a shirt. I moved the rug out of the living room, I spread blankets all over her room, (which is carpeted), and I tried to keep her in the living room or kitchen, (where I could easily wipe up any "spills"). On day 4, I believe, I put her in some panties. And since day 7, she has only worn a diaper/pull-up when she sleeps. Today is day 12, and she is doing great! She's had a couple of accidents, but thankfully they've been at home, (and I should have known better on those occasions!)

 Claire's potty chart provided some incentive for her to go potty.

 And M&M's and cookies helped, too!

Claire is excited to use the potty like a big girl, and I am thrilled that she has reached this milestone!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Way to go!

Tasha said...

Woohoo! Glad it went so easily for you - sounds a bit like Melissa. Hoping Caedon will be easy to train like her and NOT like Kyler! :)