Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Christmas Story

Claire is asking all about Baby Jesus. She asks  for me to tell her the story of Baby Jesus. She asks what the Wise Men brought. She asks what the angel told the shepherds. She said yesterday that Mary rode a donkey to Bethlehem because it was her favorite animal. :-) She tells us about the new star in the sky and how it didn't get dark (in the Americas).
And then I got out the nativity set that she can play with! All of those conversations were from looking at the nativity set that is on display in our home and from her memory of when we've told her the story at bedtime some nights.

I love that she wants to hear the story of the Savior's birth over and over; it helps me remember why Christmas is important. It's because of Christ.

1 comment:

Lee Hervey said...

I have two child-friendly nativity sets waiting for Claire!!! Can't wait to see you all!!!