Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baths and More Baths

Yesterday morning while Claire was enjoying her breakfast, I noticed that she was working from both ends. She was eating, but something else was going on at the other end. I wanted to make sure she was finished pooping before I changed her diaper, so I kept feeding her for a few more minutes. Well, by the time I changed her, she just needed a bath! Some poop had escaped from the diaper and had gotten on her clothes. So when I took the clothes off, poop got on her back. - So I just decided to give her a bath. Here she is all clean!!!


Then, last night, Jordan and I finished cleaning our apartment. Claire was soooo good because she ate, and then she slept for the entire 2.5 hours that we cleaned. Thanks, Claire!


We put her in the car, and she kind of woke up, but I think she slept some on the way home. Then, five minutes from the house, she started crying. It was time for her to eat again, so I figured that's why she was crying. When we got inside, we started getting her ready to eat. And then I saw it! Her cute onesie that had a white background had a yellow ring ALL around her midsection. And it was a WIDE ring! It was as if she was wearing a yellow tutu! (And in case you don't know, babies who breastfeed have yellow poop).

So Jordan started the bath water, and I started undressing her. There was so much poop that her diaper wasn't even connected on one side! No wonder she was crying!!! Who in their right mind would want to sit in that? - in ALL of that?!!!

So Claire had two baths yesterday - both because of her fully-working digestive system! At least it's working well!

In other news, Claire went to the doctor today for another weight check. She is now 9 pounds, 4 ounces. So she has finally surpassed her birth weight! And she's 23 inches long, so she has grown 2 inches in 5 weeks. I told Claire that it probably took me 5 years to grow 2 inches! Doesn't she look long here?!!


The doctor is very pleased with her growth and progress, and now we don't have to go back until her 2 month check-up.

4 comments:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Cute! She is SO long!!! :)

I read the whole thing to Matt...teaching him a little bit about the reality of infants...and their digestive systems! He certainly was surprised! ;)

Love you guys!

Laura Elizabeth said...

Oh...and I LOVE the picture of her outside the apartment!!

Mandi said...

I love the yellow tutu! And just in case you were wondering I found a stain remover that has taken out every stain we've had except the ones I forgot to put it on. You get it from Edward's Creative and it's called Magic Wand. I think I've also seen it at Hancock's (fabric store) I found out about it while working at the Provo temple with Arnold. It takes out everything!

We miss you all tons and wish we could see your little gal in person!

Lee Hervey said...

She surely does look long. I wonder if she will end up tall? That would be different!!! Her legs look as long as the rest of her body! Cheryl Wilson saw her pics and said she was darling and that she loved all her outfits!!!
Love, Mom